Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: White Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

How do I download apps to my phone?

Theres a few I want, like the met office weather one, and cricinfo. But the only way I can download apps is via blackberry world app installer, but all whats on there is american stuff that has no relevance to me - all the weather/sports/etc are all american - theres loads stuff on itunes but how do I download that seeing as theres no way of putting itunes onto my phone?

Completely lost - help :mansad:

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How do I download apps to my phone?

Hello!

AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). Further, if you simply use your favorite internet search engine, you certainly can find other sources and apps.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

If you decide to get back to AppWorld, JaredCo has a nice selection of apps and they're Canadian.  Of course, if you're not in Canada you might not care too much, but atleast they're not American.  :smileywink:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/1145?lang=en

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

As sdgardne suggested, just do a web search for the apps you are looking for. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/   may have a way for you to set up an account and send updates to your phone.  

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/  and you can try searching there for the same thing.  Or you can also book mark the sites in your browser.

Let us know how it goes.  Happy to have you here! :smileyvery-happy:

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Contributor
My Device: White Bold 9780

Cheers Irwin! What I did was get the mobile version of the sites I wanted, then save them to home or homepage , and then it installs them just like apps, brilliant. Best phone I've ever had, keys just a bit small, lol
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Excellent! Blackberry is an awesome device.

Keep coming back. Great information all over this place.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.