Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
jusacruiser
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do I fix this Error: "The XML is not well-formed."

What is this error??  "The XML is not well-formed."

I have always been able to access the ringtone site in the AT&T mall until today.   All of a sudden I am getting the XML error as stated above.

What is it?  How do I fix it? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: How do I fix this Error: "The XML is not well-formed."

are you able to access any other sites?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

Yes, I was able to access other sites.  I had been wrestling with this error all day.  I had even called ATT/BB to fix the problem and I have a schedule call back from them this afternoon when I get home.

But here is the good news....the problem magically went away by itself about 5 minutes ago.  Maybe somebody at BB was reading the forum and reset my phone??  I don't know how the problem went away, but I am happy about it.

But if this happens again in the future.....what is the fix to correct the problem??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pbkolsun

You have to change the option under the browser configuration to something other than blackberry.  You can change it to either Internet Explorer or Firefox.  I have noticed this problem when i try to access my bank site and the web address thinks that it is being accessed from a blackberry browser and not a mainstream one.  Now when you download items such as themes that you get from a third party site...where they send you a txt message to click on a link you must change it back to blackberry.  Here are the instructions for how to do that:

Open the Browser

Hit the Blackberry (Menu) Button

Scroll Down to Options

Click on Browser Configuration

Under Browser Indentifcation change it to either Internet Explorer or Firefox

Then try the ringtone site again.

Let me know if this works

Thanks

PBKolsun

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

Ok, thanks.  I think there is some truth to what you say, because prior to my problem I had downloaded Handango (Third Party App).  That probably triggered something like you describle below.

I have not tried your fix yet, but will print it out, so I will know what to do when this happens again.   Kudos!

Please use plain text.
zephra7

I'm having similar problems and i went through the whole process so it no longer reads this message on all of the websites i travel to in exception to facebook. Would this just be a problem with facebook? Or...? Any input would be helpful, thanks!

Please use plain text.
peanutbutter2626

I have tried ALL the suggestions regarding this error and have had no luck.  I can not change the Browser Indentification (there arent any other options), it is "BlackBerry".  Please help, I can not visit many websites due to this error. 

At he risk of sounding dumb...I am also getting an error ""Error encountered during XML parse: Expecting ";"" are these two errors related?

please please please please help! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BDub
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Problem started happening to my Bold 9000  But curiously enough, only for FaceBook.  Anyone know what the root cause and solution might be?  Is there a setting (privacy or otherwise) that must be tweaked?  All other web pages load.  Just not FB.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ransary
My Device: BB 8520
My Carrier: Mobinil

i have the same error too for facebook. plus also i can't download the Facebook application itself as well.

Any help here would be apprecitaed...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

Hi.   It has been so long since I got that error that I forgot how I fixed it.   What I think I did was take it to a AT&T corporate store......not a independent store....but a CORPORATE store.   Most Corporate stores have a technician on staff that can reset your Blackberry operating system.  Do not let an anxious sales person tinker with your phone....ask if they have a REAL technician.  What they do is update your Blackberry operating system and I think that is how mine got fixed.  Good luck!

Please use plain text.