Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Vee_gal
My Device: Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

How do I increase the maximum file size allowed on media?

Whenever I record a video using the videocamera, after a very short period it stops recording and gives a 'Maximum file size reached' message. I have adjusted the settings to record in 'Normal mode' but although the recording seems to last a short while longer the resulting file size is far too large to be able to send to contacts easily. When using the MMS mode the time for recording is way too short. Is there any way to increase the maximum allowed file size so that a resulting video would be approximately 3-4MB or less?

Contributor
fusion1
My Device: torch 9850

Re: How do I increase the maximum file size allowed on media?

hello, i blv your video camera settings are set on mms mode. launch your camera and then go video camera options, from there go to video format and change it from mms mode to either normal or HD depending on your memory available. i guess it must be your memory that is affecting it. which phone u using?

New Contributor
Vee_gal

Thank you so much for your response. You are correct in that I have now set it to MMS mode because when using HD (Normal 640x480) mode the file size was HUGE to be able to send to a contact after only 23secs of recording time. I use a Bold 9790. Is there not an app available or software I could use to then resize the large video size created when using HD (Normal) mode perhaps?

Contributor
fusion1
My Device: torch 9850

you can download any video converter software from the net. just try this one "Freestudio"

New Contributor
Vee_gal

Awesome! Thank you VERY much for all your help, you've saved my sanity.