Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
davidtro
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

How do I post to www.blogger.com from a Blackberry Bold 9000?

[ Edited ]

I want to use my new Blackberry Bold to post journal entries to a blog at blogspot.com during an upcoming trip to Asia. [I purchased the blackberry so that I would NOT need to carry a laptop computer.] It looks like there is a problem with the Browser on the Blackberry that makes this impossible.

The problem in the Blackberry Browser is that the text entry box in the Edit Posts section on blogger.com cannot display text or take text input.

When I view my blog on a Windows XP machine, I see the text in a box that has two tabs in the upper right, "Edit Html" and "Compose" [Similar to the tabs on this text entry box I am using now in the support forum, "Edit As HTML" and "Graphical Editor"]. But on my Blackberry 9000 (v4.6.0.167), those two tabs are not displayed. When I first select Edit Posts, the text box appears and text of my post appears for a fraction of a second. But then it goes blank. I cannot switch between Edit Html and Compose as the tabs are missing. there is not text entry cursor inside the box.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to create new posts and edit posts on a blogspot.com blog?

Thanks,

David

Message Edited by davidtro on 03-25-2009 02:39 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hankwu02k
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do I post to www.blogger.com from a Blackberry Bold 9000?

Go on to " m.google.com/blogger " you will get the instruction on how to post to blogger, every simple easy way to write and send text / photos to your blog. hope it help. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidtro

Thank you for your reply, but I have already tried that-- that's when I experienced the problem I described.

Have you been able to post to a blog using a Blackberry? If so, was it on blogspot.com or something else? Also, which Blackberry?

Thanks.

David

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hankwu02k

another possibility is that your current carrier might not support this function. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidtro

Thank you, Hank. It's working now. I didn't realize that I needed to submit posts and upload photos by sending e-mail messages or MMS messages (to go@blogger.com) instead of using the web browser.

There is a process whereby you have to first register your device for each mode of sending (e-mail or MMS) by sending a message with the word REGISTER to go@blogger.com.

Once I did that, posting plain text and photos with captions works just fine.

David

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hankwu02k

great~ I'm glad I've helped
Please use plain text.
maamissouri

I followed the same instructions and can post...but cannot comment on ANY Blogger or Blogspot blog.  I am able to comment on blogs that are through WordPress.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kay2010
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

I've  tried this, but it hasnt worked!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gregory46
My Device: curve8350
My Carrier: metropcs

How do I get to Yahoo home page from my check mail icon?without having to get there by my bookmarks?
Please use plain text.