Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
stamim20
My Carrier: Vodafone

How do I update my blackberry software when I have a blackberry bold 9000?? Please Help!xx

I want to update my bb system but i dont know how? i also dont want to do it from my laptop to my phone, how would i do it? i really need to update it as fast as possible!!!!!!!!!xxx

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How do I update my blackberry software when I have a blackberry bold 9000?? Please Help!xx

Unless your carrier sends you a wireless OTA software update you MUST do it from your laptop.

That said, why is it that you need to update so badly? If it's working OK then I would recommend doing nothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stamim20

Re: How do I update my blackberry software when I have a blackberry bold 9000?? Please Help!xx

I really want to upgrade it cos my bb app world is old and i cant upgrade to the new version, and my web browser is really slow cos i havent upgdaded the software on it xx
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

My guess is that your Bold 9000 already has the latest OS. Look in Options >About and let us know what version you have. Its usually on the second or third line starting with v 4.5 or v5...etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stamim20

I've got v4.6.303
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

OK.  You'll have to install BlackBerry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop

Once installed, connect your BB device and Desktop Software should prompt you that an upgrade is available.

If it doesn't you can follow these steps:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stamim20

Thanks soooo much! im gonna try this now! xx
Please use plain text.