Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Berry13579
My Device: Not Specified

How to activate automatic delete

I am very new at BlackBerry. Few days ago I bought a new BlackBerry Bold 9000 (unlocked) from Hong Kong but my BlackBerry push email service provider is T-Mobile (USA). After doing the required initial setting I started receiving/sending all my emails on my new BlackBerry Bold without problem. However once I run Microsoft Outlook which is my primary email receiving client I start getting all email in my Laptop but they never get deleted automatically from BlackBerry handset as I only want to keep record in Laptop.

One of my friend is using HTC Touch Pro which supports BlackBerry push email service and his service provider is also T-Mobile (USA) as well as our email setting at our company’s web hosting service are exactly same but once he receives his emails in his Laptop all emails on his HTC Touch Pro get deleted automatically.

I have following settings under “Email Reconciliation” on my BlackBerry Bold 9000
Delete On: Handheld
Wireless Reconcile: On
On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
And under and “Email Setup” my settings are;

Deleted Items: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device: Yes

Please advice how can I fix my BlackBerry Bold 9000 so that emails received in my Laptop must get automatically deleted from my BlackBerry Bold 9000.

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: How to activate automatic delete

Are you on a BlackBerry Enterprise server?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor
Berry13579
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to activate automatic delete

Nope Sir, me and my friend (who is using HTC handset) don't have BES but his mails gets automaticly deleated once download in laptop. We both are using T-Mobile (USA) BB email push service. I also tried to contact T-Mobile (USA) but they can't figure out the problem.