Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

quickfireme
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

How to block a lost phone?

I left my phone on a bus and i would like it blocked so noone can use it

I don't know the IMEI number but i know the PIN. Is there anyway to block it and if so how and who do i contact?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: How to block a lost phone?

To block (or LOCK) the phone, you need software installed, such as BlackBerry Protect.
However, you should cancel the SIM so nobody can rack up charges on your account. To do that, call your carrier.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

quickfireme
My Device: blackberry bold 9700

There isn't a SIM card in tho..... And I don't have blackberry protect on there .. Can RIM block it?
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Your carrier is the one that would block the phone however many will not do it (for whatever reason).  All you can do is call your carrier and ask them to block the SIM (which doesn't apply to you), the IMEI and the PIN.  If they do, great.  If they don't, that's too bad.

Either way, don't pin too much hope on getting the phone back.  You'd be best to start looking for another one and don't forget to install BlackBerry Protect the minute you get your new phone.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.