Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: H3G

How to buy a Bold 9900 in Italy??

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

be a BB fan in Italy could be difficult. I have a contract with H3G and I bought a Bold 9900 by myself. Well, it was stolen last week. I still think 9900 is the best for business but what I have to do now?
H3g (and all the other companies) Don't sell 9900. I should sign another contract to pay it mpnthly. I don't need another contract. I already have one. And also. You can have assistance on BB only passing by companies. You need a BB with a company logo. No logo, no assistance.

This thing is also complicated because if I buy a 9900 with Vodafone logo, company gives me contract (H3G) wouldn't give me assistance.

So, if I buy the 9900 somewhere in Europe it would be without warranty and assistance. In the end, Malls and shops generally don't sell 9900 anymore. Only low cost models probably waiting for BB10.

Does anyone has any idea how to buy a 9900 with some assistance and warranty?
Can you undestard I must be quite mad to support all this situation?
Blackberry italian site gives you 8 links after "buy it now" in 9900 page. Well, none of them has one.

Thank you

Francesco

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to buy a Bold 9900 in Italy??

As long as you get a 9900 from somewhere and it's compatible with H3G's network, you can come here for assistance.  We're very good at solving problems (I think we sometimes do better than the cellular carriers).

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa

Well, I have found one on-line. Unfortunelly different brand. So, still have a sign with a company and assistance with another one. But that's the way it is also because nobody care. This empty post in a "assistance" forum show it once again.

Tks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

As you have discovered, support on BlackBerry devices and service can be complicated. I gather, from your posts, that you are unhappy, but perhaps clarifying the situation may at least provide you with some expectation setting, which I find often helps me to be less unhappy...if I don't properly understand a situation, then I may have misplaced expectations, which leads to unhappiness. In any event...

Support of the device itself is the responsibility of whoever you buy the device from...this includes all front line support for the device itself, including all warranty issues. It matters not if there is any "logo" or not...it matters only that you purchased a device from someone, and that purchase involved a contract, and part of that contract included their responsibility for all of your device-level support. Note, importantly, that this applies solely to authorized resellers...unauthorized resellers usually have no method of providing warranty-level support, and certainly no method of escalating into RIM when they need additional assistance. But such is the nature of the unauthorized reseller channel for pretty much anything. Lastly, that purchase contract is the binding contract for your device and all of it's support -- if, when you purchase, you agree (for example) to a warranty level that is different than what RIM would normally extend, then the contract overrides the RIM-standards and guides the support you are entitled to. In many regions, there are service centers that take on the responsibility for the device-level support...the exact terms and methods of receiving device-level support should have been documented in the original purchase contracts.

Service-level issues are different, and support for those is provided by the mobile service providers, since it is their responsibility to deliver services under the contract for services that exists between them and their end users.

It is completely possible to us a device obtained elsewhere on a mobile providers network...as long as certain conditions are met (e.g., the device is compatible, the device is unlocked, the carrier allows it, etc.), one is free to obtain their device from anywhere they choose. However, support often becomes tricky given the different responsibilities for support that then exist. Often the carrier will quickly "blame the device" and refuse further assistance...but, if they are indeed correct that the device is at fault, then they are further correct in refusing assistance, for they do not, in this case, hold the responsibility for the device-level support.

Quite simply, that is how it works, and all parties are contractually bound to it all. RIM, the carriers, and even the end users all agree to this support model by virtue of the contracts they enter into. We all may wish for it to be different, but wishing so does nothing to change the situation. It is totally true that buying your device from the mobile service provider on which you will operate it makes support much better since there is no way for them to "blame" someone else...but the buyer is in control of what they buy, and therefore the support they elect to receive.

Lastly, please do not assume that BillJ's kind attempt to help you demonstrates that he does not care. I know 100% the opposite to be true, and that he does care and is more than willing to continue to volunteer his time here to try and help you out. But you need to participate in that...attacking him, even subtly as your recent post does, tends to deter his willingness to help. Remember, we all volunteer here...we are not compensated for our participation here, but rather do it out of our desire to help out other kind souls.

Again, we cannot change the contractual support terms to which you are bound...they are what they are. But we are willing to help you, as long as you are willing to participate in the process. As I said, if you indeed must have 100% of your support from one place, then you must buy the BB from the same place from which you will receive your mobile services. That is how the contracts work, and no one here can change that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply but clearly you don't live in Italy.  I have a playbook too. I don't know why but it's a different world. I have call center for first trouble and places to leave and bring tablet in case of problems. Maybe because it doesn't have any sim inside. Bold is another story. There's no call center, there's nothing came from RIM. You buy and you have legal warranty BUT telephone companies give you. You speak with generic employers. They. Can't know all models. Infact, the link support on Italian bb Site took me here. I had a bug with hotmail for months. Never know why and never had an answer. I thought the display worked wrong and left 9900. In a center for a month. After I found by myself the app to lock the screen. Is not free but if I need to know something about an iphone, I have a number to call. 

And yes, it's a question of logo. I had a 9900 branded by Wind (payed, I don't like a chain for a phone ) but my sign is with h3g. To have warranty I had to bring it in a wind place. So, no bb people,no bb places. I can do it anyway,but I understand who switch to Americans or Asians because they have their own assistance. So please, you can disagree my opinions but a fact still a fact. Come here and check.

Best 

Francesco 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Actually, I think you have not understood me...I do not disagree with your facts. Indeed, from what I read in your post, you are experiencing exactly what I described!

• Is it difficult? Yes. 
  • Is it more difficult in Italy? Perhaps.
  • Is support for the device separate from support for services? Yes.
  • Does having purchased the device from somewhere other than the mobile service provider on which it is to be operated make it even more difficult? Yes.
  • Is support different for PlayBooks versus BlackBerry devices? Yes (and that is true everywhere btw...not just in Italy, because PBs indeed do not have a SIM, and are therefore not tied to any carriers.)

All of this holds true everywhere...but it remains irrelevant. Support is determined at the time of purchase, as it is part of the contract for purchasing the device. When you purchased your device, the support model (whatever it is) became contractually imposed. It cannot be changed -- and truly cannot be changed by posting on this site, since this is a user-to-user community, and no one here has any power to change it.

If all you want to do is complain about it, then you've done that...fine, no problem. Just do not, I beg of you, expect anything to change as a result of posting here...because, as I've said, such is not the purpose of this site, no matter that you may have been directed here from somewhere else.

Good luck.

PS -- my main intent in first posting in this thread was to come to the defense of BillJ, who you disparaged in your reply to him. That was rude...and I hope you can understand that he, like all of us, is a volunteer here, granting his own personal time to helping others out as best possible. You may not like the answers you receive, but please understand that the answers are coming from folks with kind souls...and they quite naturally prefer to help out other kind souls.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrancescoArtusa

Honestly my only intention was to have some answers. I repeat, this is the place where official Site link us to have support.  My English is also far to be good enough to understand perfectly your replies. And also, a drop in the ocean, a testify there's a lot of people who buy bb even without an efficient own assistance. A suggest to improve it because products are amazing, but we are alone. If we have any trouble we must hope that someone had the same problem before us and easy to find. Could be a long,long job.  I really believe can't be enough to compete in this global world. Sorry if I 've hurt someone here.

Best 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you, I understand.

That link your received was incorrect, if it sent you here for formal support from RIM...nothing from RIM can be formally received here at all. So that link was wrong.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.