Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to change BB IMEI Code...

Hi,

My Mobile Network is not registering my BB 9000 IMEI number so I can't use it.

I found there is a way to change the IMEI code to a registered old IMEI number.

If you know how can I change my BB 9000 IMEI code, please guide me.

Thanks for your attention,

Hojat

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: How to change BB IMEI Code...

Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Forum

The imei number can't be changed, why your carrier can't register your device? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold (9000)

IMEI is specific to each device. So you are unable to change your IMEI number....   Who is your provider??   They should be able to register I know alot of carriers if its not their device they have to open a ticket to have the IMEI added to their database.
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi all,

urumilton and digital-mayhem are 100% correct and I'd be very surprised it it took much more than 20-30 with your carrier to work it out. This is most commonly being due to not being registered on the wireless network and insufficient or deactivated provisioning. Try this if you haven't already

1. Hard Reset 

2. Register Now

3. Contact your wireless provider if you are unable to register with the wireless network and make sure you have been provisioned properly

:smileyhappy:

BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
rss
New Contributor

If for some reason the device you are using has been registered with EIR, (Equipment Identity Register), which logs reports of stolen mobile devices and keeps them from being used.  If a phone is stolen and the IMEI is identified, Carrier will input it into the international registry which prevents it from being used on over 40 GSM networks worldwide.

See http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/03/06/rogers-to-implement-eir/ for more info on this.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Onyx

Like many have replied your thread to all the possibilities of why your pin n imei might not be registered to you operator You would like to check this few thing Is the bold you bought brand new? Not repacked new Are you changing from one operator to another one? If the phone you bought is brand new, n this is the first time you try to register it to an operator Return it to the seller I'd you are trying to change from one operator to another. Make sure you release your pin from your current operator first Before registering it to the new operator If the phone your bought is 2nd, you would like to reconfirm with the previous user just like changing new operator Cause the pin might still be registered with another operator or it might have already been suspended It's possible to change pin n imei but it's an illegal operation I will not comment more about it :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Hello Everybody,

For your information, I purchased this phone about 4 weeks ago from UAE/Dubai; Currently I'm in Iran/Tehran; Here there are 3 Mobile Operators. IRAN CELL & TALIA & IRTCI;

My phone is working with IRAN CELL & TALIA but it is not workinf with IRTCI. I have a sim card which is produced by IRTCI and my phone is not working with it. But my other Sim cards which are from IRAN CELL and TALIA works fine.

When I came here, my mobile works for 2 weeks with IRTCI and after that I couldn't use it. I contacted with operator and search in internet then I found they didn't register my BB IMEI; They have a website and I send an inquiry about 2 weeks ago to register my IMEI but still they didn't register it and I think they won't register it, because I purchased this phone out of Iran. IRTCI is the main operator of mobile in IRAN and it is belongs to the government.

I found a mobile store here which told me I can connect your phone to PC and change the IMEI but I didn't trust him. When I heared they can change IMEI I tried to found how they can do it. Another person here told me they can change IMEI but he doesn't know how.

My main sim card works with IRTCI, I didn't know that I can change the operator when the sim card is produced by another operator.

I will try to do that.

Best regards,

Hojat

Regular Contributor
My Device: Onyx

like i said in my previous post

do not change your imei number because it is illegal

the process is by clonning another person imei n pin to your phone which will make them become suspended

or maybe both or maybe your then your phone will be useless *dead* only can make calls n sms you won't be able to use any blackberry facilities.

i see your problem now

maybe your phone is locked, maybe when you bought it they just unlocked with codes for certain amount of time/days and they are not fully unlocked.

you can check the status of your phone if it is unlocked or not by going to

Option > advance option > SIM Card > and type MEPD there if your phone is fully unlocked it should show

disabled for  SIM, Network, Network Subset, Service Provider and Corporate

cause i never heard of operator locking imei number for their clients

like said if a tourist visit your country then they will not be able to use the operator there even if they buy pre paid card for the operator because their imei is not from the country? this is kinda strange

i suggest you check your phone unlocked status first before taking any further action :smileyhappy:

CMIIW 

New Contributor

Hi,

My phone is fully unlocked. Anyway, in attachment you can find a photo of my phone display in Sim Card menu.

I have a Sony Erricson phone which is registered. If I found a way, I want to set the IMEI of that phone to my BB.

Thanks

Hojat

New Contributor

Display photo.