Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: B9900
My Carrier: Blackberry

How to change an existing BB messenger ID and create my own

I got an old BB 9900 Bold from my brother.  I created a BB username and password from my laptop.  But in the phone still my brother BB messenger is active and getting his messages to my phone.  I would like to create my own and delete his id.  Please advise.

Solutions: 6,234
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to change an existing BB messenger ID and create my own

To use another BBID on a 9900 device, you must first perform a security wipe on the device:

Changing the BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7:

In order to change the BlackBerry ID that has been activated on a BlackBerry smartphone, a security wipe or a reset to factory must be performed.

Performing the security wipe will result in loss of stored data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Prior to performing any security wipe of the BlackBerry smartphone, create a full backup of the BlackBerry smartphone data.

Once the security wipe has been completed, a new BlackBerry ID can be linked to the smartphone on the initial setup.

Article ID: KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code