Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Bagelbush
My Device: Not Specified

How to change setting so you only use wifi.

I keep getting a message from my mobile network saying im trying to use a data plan application,so that means its costing me money so i wanna know how to change my phone setting so i can only use wifi and not my 3g mobile networks internet,i have a blackberry bold 9700 by the way

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: How to change setting so you only use wifi.

That depends on the particular application.  Native RIM apps like BBMessenger, Facebook, etc., will always use RIM data.  However, many 3rd party apps give you the option in each particular app's settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Bagelbush
My Device: Not Specified

so my wifi and everything is working its just the way rim has it that some blackberry apps have to have a blackberry data plan?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That is correct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!