Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
siddking1
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

How to disable my personal emails when roaming

Hi,

i want to disable only my personal emails (which comes to my personal email boxes like Gmail, Yahoo etc...) when roaming while i want the official emails (that comes to my official mailbox to be active while roaming.

pls suggest.... very urgent....!!!

Regular Contributor
zaksdad
My Device: Bold 9700 OS V 5.0.0.979

Re: How to disable my personal emails when roaming

Go to your BIS account, and for each email account you want temporarily stopped from sending messages, click on Filter and then click on Do Not Forward Messages to Device.

"Search Comes Before Post"
New Contributor
siddking1
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

u mean everytime i have to manually turn it off while roaming and on while at home....

Contributor
MPlb
My Device: Not Specified

Personally I switch the data services off completely when I'm roaming to avoid any nasty surprises.

Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Data Services  > While Roaming = OFF

If necessary and if it's available I can still hook up to a WiFi network and use that for email/Internet.

Regular Contributor
zaksdad
My Device: Bold 9700 OS V 5.0.0.979

Yes. I don't know what kind of plan you have but to be in "roaming" in most data plans means you are out of the country. Do you go in and out of the country a few times a day?? Or only into roaming rarely? I only roam once or twice a year IF I go out of the country on vacation. This is the only way I know to selectively turn on/off individual email accounts which was your question. Turning data services off does indeed turn everything off which is not a solution to your question.

"Search Comes Before Post"
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if travelling alot look into a international dataplan if your carrier supports it.

it will be cheaper in the end.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V