Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

josejr
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

How to display and type in Chinese on BB bold 9000?

Hey, I'm a new user of BB bold 9000. Just bought the phone from the states, which was distributed by AT&T and it is unlocked.

I have tried couple times by following this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/Chinese-Character/m-p/35515?...

In the aforesiad post, instrucation was given as:

"

1. install Desktop Manager without Media Manager on your PC
  2. install the handheld software 4.5.0.174 on your PC (it will install inside the Desktop Manager)
  3. seaarch for a file called vendor.xml and rename it to vendor.xml.toto or anything else
  4. plug your BlackBerry device to the PC, and launch the Desktop Manager
  5. in the application section, you can see the OS of 2) and install it to your BlackBerry device."

"

Basically what I did was to install Desktop Manager without Media Manager (5.0) version on my PC and installed the handheld software 4.6

I noticed that there's no Chinese language selection (basically no Asian languages) and I then tried 4.6 Desktop Manager which still didn't work.

Also, I am not able to find the "vender.xml", wondering if this has any impact on the application.

What should I install to display and type in Chinese? Any inputs will be appreciated!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to display and type in Chinese on BB bold 9000?

Hello josejr,

To ensure the desired language is supported, you should contact your wireless service provider.

Thank you and have a great day!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.