11-26-2013 05:09 PM
Downgrading the OS...
the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model
and download the latest O/S available.
it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.
- install DM and O/S on your PC
- download BBsak and install on your PC
- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.
- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507
- go to my computer - local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -
Apploader and delete Vendor XML
- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S
- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up
- done !
VIA | icedgorilla
Regarding downgrading the OS you can try those simple steps :
1.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here BlackBerry Software Download Site
2. Now Double Click on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC
3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software
4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders :
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Downgarde will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop
As you already downloaded the OS pack so you can skip # steps 1 , and continue with the rest .But please note don't Install multiple OS pack on your PC , if you already have any other OS pack install in your PC other then the one you'll be using then Uninstall it .
VIA | prince2012