Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

How to do a OTA on Bold 9900

Is this possible ? Also if possible then can you roll back to an earlier release version of the OS ?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: How to do a OTA on Bold 9900

Downgrading the OS...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model

and download the latest O/S available.

it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.

- install DM and O/S on your PC

- download BBsak and install on your PC

- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.

- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507

- go to my computer -  local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -

Apploader and delete Vendor XML

- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S

- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up

- done !

VIA |

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi sharkbait1

Regarding downgrading the OS you can try those simple steps :

1.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Downgarde will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

As you already downloaded the OS pack so you can skip # steps 1 , and continue with the rest .But please note don't Install multiple OS pack on your PC , if you already have any other OS pack install in your PC other then the one you'll be using  then Uninstall it .

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Downgrading-to-OS-5/m-p/2510783#M153753

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: How to do a OTA on Bold 9900

Thanks Jusuefunes will give it a try. However I did not see any instructions on how to reload using OTA ? Maybe I missed something ?