Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

H19
New Contributor
H19
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to downgrade blackberry bold 9700 from os 6.0 to os 5.0?

Thanks for the info on the downgrade process; it worked like a charm.  It appears that the current OS 6 release for BB9700 devices is not "up to snuff".  Even though I fell in love with the super slik functionality, It appears to cause a tremendous drain on the battery for some reason.  Battery life went from 2 days down to about 7 hours.  I never saw my battery completely spent prior to the upgrade to OS 6.  Hope they get it remedied. 

More importantly the return to OS 5 was easy (following your instructions) and my BB9700 is back to it's original functionality and it appears the battery longevity is back to normal.  I'll kmow for sure in a couple of days, but suffice to say yesterday at this time my device was dead; today the batery indicator is only 1 notch lower than after the downgrade back to OS 5 twelve hours ago.

Please use plain text.
rg05
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

HI, I am facing the same problem with no solution by uddating to V6.0 bundle (v6.0.0.448)

As u adviced I downloaded  9700jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1607_PL5.1.0.177_A5.0.0.979_AT_amp_T

I ran it and deleted the vendor file and also ran the loader.exe, but it just shows me few appliaction which are on my phone and if I want to add or remove something.

I also went on the update optionin the BB desktop software, but there, only the OS 6 (V6.0 bundle (v6.0.0.448)), which is currently installed is visible.

How do I get it back to normal please help.

Please use plain text.
iamwjk
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello, thank you for your expertise.

I wanted to know,

Can I lose UMA if I use AT&T software, when my Blackberry 9700 is T-Mobile's?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
iamwjk
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

this is what worked for me.  I use T-Mobile.

Google search for this

T-Mobile_BlackBerry_Bold_9700_5.0.0.714

Run it.

When you use your Blackberry desktop software,

Click on 'Update my device'.

You can select a downgrade to this version of  os 5.

UMA still works as far as I can tell.

Good riddance to os 6.  

Everyday, I was deleting apps or picking and choosing what app to use and what app not to use.

Totally ridiculous on memory limit with os 6.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oeex
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: WIND

Hey, does anyone know if I can downgrade my blackberry 9780 from os 6 to os 5? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arichard1
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hello, can you please send me the instructions on how to downgrade back to 5.0 for the blackberry 9700. 6.0 sucks and tmobile is no help. I will be so thank ful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amnah1981
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: zain

First I would like to thank JSanders for helper instruction worked like magic..Thou I was trying all day from 9 AM to 2 AM I had to download, Delete, connect, disconnect, and every thing you can think off...My problem was when I connect the phone the Loader would not read it...but it would connect fine with BBSD and it told me there was a problem reading the port...tried high and low...all day searching...they all have the same instruction but my only problem the Loader would not read it.... so after giving up last night wake up this morning first thing i did was turn on my laptop but this time i connected my phone through a different porter and it read it fine it was connected so I thought let try Loader and see if It finds it .....AND GUSS WHAT ????? IT DID .....I did not even delete Vendor file..  the  the Loader worked it give me the option to downgrade to older Version and now my BB 9700 is back to OS5 

P.S. 

for any one who's Loader does not find the phone just try plugging to a different porter make sure your computer reads the phone so on the bottom of right Taskbar you would see that your phone is well connect and it would say (ready to use) 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amnah1981
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: zain

Just remember someone has mentioned you can downgrade from BlackBerry Desktop Software

go to Device -->Update-->View other versions and you can choose which one you want....

Personally I did not try it and the funny thing I had the program open all day and trying to do updates but did not see the view other versions... 

just in case this way is easier

Please use plain text.
CederGuy
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you for the advice. I followed all the steps but the device OS is still showing 6.0. Tried it twice and rebooted but still the same outcome. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

CederGuy wrote:
Thank you for the advice. I followed all the steps but the device OS is still showing 6.0. Tried it twice and rebooted but still the same outcome. Any suggestions?
Thanks

My honest and best advice is to NOT upgrade the 9700 to OS6, you will not like it. OS6 on the 9700 is slow, laggy and buggy. Both you and your 9700 will be miserable.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.