Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
Accepted Solution

How to downlaod and install Password keeper application on 9700 Bold?

Can any one suggest me how can i downlaod and install Passwordkeeper application on 9700 Bold? I had issue on recv email on my BB so yesterday my service provided help desk formated my device. Now i do not see that application on my device.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: How to downlaod and install Password keeper application on 9700 Bold?

Try App world.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold

I couldn't find in App world. I need the same which comes with devic 9700 Bold. I will not be able to restore my password keeper database if i don't use the same application.  

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

passwordkeeper is a part of the blackberry device os and it is always in the os, but sometimes its not just installed. You need to download the os for your phone (the same which is installed on your phone). You can check this by typing the letters m y v e r together, and your phone model and os number will appear like this, 9700/6.0.0.448 .

download BlackBerry Desktop Manager from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Go to the blackberry os website at: http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Install the desktop manager and then the os.

If you use x86 windows, go to c:/program files/common files/reasearch in motion/apploader/loader.exe

If you use x64 windows, go to c:/program files (x86)/common files/research in motion/apploader/loader.exe

Start loader.exe, select your device, and all applications available to install/uninstall will appear. Tick Passwordkeeper to install it, click next and follow the process and it will be installed. Your phone might reboot during install.

Hope this helps.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: How to download and install Password keeper application on 9700 Bold?

Thanks very much jm312 for this very helpful post,

I have recently purchased my first Blackberry Bold 978 and accidentally deleted the Password Keeper application.  Your answer enabled me to re-install the application with ease.

Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

I did this, however the Password Keeper Application is not an option.  Any ideas?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

cal310 wrote:

I did this, however the Password Keeper Application is not an option.  Any ideas?

We are working with you in the Torch thread.  No need to duplicate entries.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
My Device: 9780

Hi,

please help...

Password keeper is not showing on my desktop software..

How do I get it back on my phone 9780..

Thanks

RK

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Please if you find out how, let me know! Ican't get it on my Curve 9360 but had it on all of my other devices previously.  Thank you, Mike