Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
himichaelchen
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: CMCC

Re: How to fix GPRS connection to use these third part software on 9650?

The carrier suggested that I change the SIM to the latest version of SIM, and I did, but the phone still displays "edge" in lower case, and it keeps disconnecting from EDGE network from time to time.

From now on, I really have no idea what I can do to fix this problem next.

Regarding EDGE network disconnection problem, I have searched too many similar topics on different kinds of websites, and finnally phone owners can do nothing but has to put up with it, to endlessly pull out the battery and hard reboot the device.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
00bunge00
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes you could live with it, or if it is in warranty, or even out of warranty, you could push your carrier for a replacement
Please use plain text.
Contributor
himichaelchen

Hi, 00bunge00:

I have been testing my BB 9650 based on your proposal, it still always disconnect with internet from time to time.

Hi, 00bunge00:

I have been testing my BB 9650 based on your proposal, it still always disconnect with internet from time to time.

I am trying to found other work around, and hope to search an efficient solution somewhere in the future.

Hi, 00bunge00:

I am trying to found other work around, and hope to search an efficient solution somewhere in the future.

Anyway, I wanna thank you to kindly and patiantly answer my questions and give me suggestions.

Hi, 00bunge00:

Anyway, I wanna thank you to kindly and patiantly answer my questions and give me suggestions.

Best regards!

Hi, 00bunge00:

Best regards!

Michael

Please use plain text.
Contributor
himichaelchen

Sorry, my mis-operation causes too many repeat words.

Have a nice weekend.

Have a nice weekend.

B.R.

Michael

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhavanscg
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

Hi der,

I'm facing the same problem like this with my bb 9300 running with os5. I've tried using with os6 also by upgrading the os, but no use.

I'm using with normal gprs connection and.I don't have bis.

If you have found a fix for this kindly suggests.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lauchakchng
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: china unicom

Good to see someone in china talking about this problem! The gprs problem is so popular here,I am from china, I don't know if you can read chinese, here is a software,it can solve your gprs problem! http://dl.bjxiaoc.cn/ota/2011/316/Antibrokennetfixup/Antibrokennetfixup/AntiBrokenNet.jad
Try to install it ,if you don't know to setup,read the website below:http://www.bjxiaoc.cn/index.php/archives/16899
It' written in chinese, if you have any question! I would be pleasure to help you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhavanscg

Hi der,

Thanks for the help man. I've downloaded the software from the link addressed by you. Since I'm from India, I don't understand Chinese. So I would request you to instruct me the steps to setup. That would be a great help!!

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lauchakchng

1.Run the software you downloaded, find the "setting",
APN:cmnet
2.find the "MDS servers"enter into the "add"
Name:123(any name is ok)
Ip:219.238.157.133 (very important)
Port:19781
It should work,quick and easy!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhavanscg

Thanks for the instruction. I think it is working now. I'll observe for sometime.

With Regards,
Bhavan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lauchakchng

Glad it works on your phone! The MDS servers may change,and you need to update to the new server,eg,the IP address, but right now it still works and will last for a long time! Enjoy your blackberry time in china!
Please use plain text.