Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

How to get back my photos without formatting?

Hello, guys! I am really sorry to interrupt you! But, I really need your help!

Yesterday, I had dropped my Blackbery bold 9900 by mistake and could not read all my saved photos functionally. So, I plunged it to my computer and hoped they could work well here. However, the computer always gave an error message and asked me to format it before using it. But, I know exactly what the formatting process means. I hate losing these photos. Can you help me to get back my photos without formatting? What can I do?

Many thanks!

My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: How to get back my photos without formatting?

OK! Be relaxed! You should act carefully to get back your wanted photos back:

1. Do not format your phone in case that the formatting process makes things worse.
  2. Do not save anything new on this phone till you’ve restore all data back successfully.
  3. Download a phone data recovery program to take chances. Since your data is still on this phone, you do have chances to get it back with the help of a data recovery program. So, what you should do now is to select a proper data recovery program for your phone data.
    If you cannot make a decision, you can firstly use some data recovery freeware that always works much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.
  4. Do not save or back up all the restored data on the same phone in case of data recovery failure.

Note: I hope you can learn a lesson to back up everything new on this phone in the future.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: How to get back my photos without formatting?

Thank you for your detailed steps. Actually, I know nothing about the data recovery stuff and don't know what should be done after the receiving the error message. But, after reading your answer, I knew what should do next and tried your mentioned data recovery freeware that finally restored all my wanted data back.
Thanks very much!!!!  Have a nice day!