Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Kingboxer
My Device: Not Specified

How to get rid of a prompt about "open local content" on BOLD?

I installed some third party apps which need access some files on SDCard. The question is every time i run them, my BB will prompt me "The application xxxx (app's name) has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?" In fact I have set all options of permission as "allow". What else can I do to remove the prompt? HELP!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBjedi
My Device: 9k

Re: How to get rid of a prompt about "open local content" on BOLD?

Assuming the app is attempting to open a file location on either the internal memory or a media card????...

Check the application permissions under your Options menu > Advanced Options > Applications.

Once in there the BlackBerry will build your list of installed apps. Find the app thats throwing the request and press the "BlackBerry" button (left of the trackball). Find the Option "Edit Permissions" and you will see a list of permissions the application needs to run.

You will most likely need to find the Media setting which is under the "Interactions" subheading. (again use the BlackBerry button to expand the Interatctions subheading).

Switch the setting from Prompt to Allow and then save using the Save option under the BlackBerry button.

Most likely you will need to or should restart the device by pulling the battery before restarting the application in question.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kingboxer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get rid of a prompt about "open local content" on BOLD?

I'm sure I had done all you said before I posted the thread. I set all the options as "Allow" following the path "Options-->Advanced Options-->Applications-->MemoDict-->"menu key"-->Edit Permissions
Please use plain text.