Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

chocoholic31254
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: How to hard reset the BB bold 9700

you want to go to google and search for "backup blackberry" it will send you to a site to download blackberry backup assisstant for your pc, mac etc. you will have to use either internet explorer or mozilla firefox to download it, google chrome has too many firewalls. after you download it and run it, need to connect your phone, and sync anything and everything. once you do that, disconnect your phone from your computer, press your menu button, go into your settings, select options (the wrench), go down to security options, select security wipe, i would remove just your memory card if you have one, not your sim, just your sd card, it will have you type in blackberry and then select "wipe" takes about 10-15 min for it to complete, then it will have you go through the set up wizard again, i would sync to the blackberry asst again to make sure all of your media gets restored to your phone. hope this helps if you havnt been able to reset it already...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beetoo
My Device: blackberry bold 5, 9900
My Carrier: roger

hi , i just downloaded an app on my bold 5 and after restarting the phone i get a white screen which says app error. the phone then restarts and i get the same feedback. pls help me out cus i cant use my phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

beetoo wrote:

hi , i just downloaded an app on my bold 5 and after restarting the phone i get a white screen which says app error. the phone then restarts and i get the same feedback. pls help me out cus i cant use my phone.

Hello,

Please provide the complete and exact error message...typically, "App Error" is followed by a code number, and that number will indicate the resolution path for your situation.

Good luck and let us konw!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.