Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
brianmslim
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: manager

How to hard reset the BB bold 9700

Hi all,

after i reboot the bold 9700, the phone hang on the theme page. i can't use the track pad & reset at the option. i have try many time to remove the battery to reset the phone but still can't use the BB phone. 

Can you tell me how to HARD RESET to the manufacture setting  to this phone.

Thank you,

BL.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to hard reset the BB bold 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

"Hard Reset" has several different meanings. What I think you need to do is a full reinstall of your OS...this procedure is the best I know of to do so:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brianmslim

Hi Sdgardne,

thanks for the information, but the problem i can't connect to my PC. 

What can i do now?

regards,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

First, provide more detail..."can't connect" can mean a thousand things...we need to know exactly what it means in your case.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brianmslim

Can't connect is mean my Black Berry 9700 can't connect to my blackBerry desktop manager. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brianmslim

let me explain little bit more.

last week i download a new theme from the BB App & this new theme was works well. Until today i upgrade the BB App to the newer version and after reboot, my BB 9700 is hang on the theme page and the track pad can't use. 

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...it sounds like your theme is not compatible with the updated OS you installed. Things like that happen. Connecting to your PC and removing the Theme and/or reloading the OS from scratch is what is likely needed.

As for "can't connect"...let me see if I can explain a few of the different ways that can go:

1. You don't have the USB cable
  2. The USB cable is damaged
  3. You have no USB ports on your PC
  4. The port on your BB is damaged
  5. The USB ports on your PC are damaged
  6. You connect via USB but nothing happens
  7. You connect via USB and something happens
  8. You did not install the software
  9. You get some error messages when you attempt to connect

Those are just a few of the possible ways "can't connect" could go...that's why I ask for more details...simply saying "can't connect" gives us nothing to go on...we have only your words to guide us. Specific details of exactly what you do (step by step), exactly what you are expecting, and exactly what happens will help us to help you.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
bowlbel
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Singtel

hello, im having the same problems also because i downloaded and used a new theme. I connected my phone to the computer using usb but my desktop manager cant detect my phone(?) as in, nothing happens. i've tried to load the loader exe file straight away, but it is also stuck at "connecting to device" So my phone cant be used at all since it's hanged at the theme page, i cant navigate anywhere else.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JohnKBB9700
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Optus Australia

[ Edited ]

Seems to be popular problem.

I only just converted to BB last week and downloaded a theme from the BB shop which locked my 9700 on the theme page!!!!!!!

Mine would also not connect to the BB desktop - but it was "trying" to connect.

I needed a drastic solution since pulling the battery did nothing but complete a reboot and the same lockup on the theme page.

Go here - AppLoader solution described on Crackberry

I have Win 7 64 bit and I had to make all my files unhidden to find the AppLauncher in my C drive.

USB connection was easy, but connection would only complete while the 9700 was rebooting, once it was fully booted and screen locked, the connection would hangup.

It took me a couple of tries - I left the cable connected and reset the 9700 by alt - shift - del and the connection unfroze and completed.

Once fully connected you can uninstall the bad theme and reboot and you are all fixed!

I hope this works for you like it did for me.

I wonder why there are so many dud themes? Mine was from the official BB shop!!!!!!!

Cheers

John K

Please use plain text.
Contributor
1plus19
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: optus

You can try this, it works a treat. Hard Reset Black Berry Bold.

Please use plain text.