Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
tcesenthil
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

How to make GPS in Blackberry Bold 9700 work in India ?

Hi
    3 years back i purchased a Blackberry Bold 9700 (T-Mobile) in USA with 2 years contract. While at us, i pretty much used the GPS maps/directions feature very well.

But since i left to India early, i got the phone unlocked by T-Mobile. After coming to india, how can i now make the GPS work ? Will just subscribing for data service to mobile service provider work ? or should i have to do anything else in the BlackBerry phone device to make it work ?

I am looking forward to use the GPS for using Apps which could help me track my running (like RunKeeper..etc )

Any help on this aspect is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: How to make GPS in Blackberry Bold 9700 work in India ?

You need to subscribe for BlackBerry data plan from mobile operator in India. This is a must for all BlackBerry smartphone for to work.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
tcesenthil

ry dRe: How to make GPS in Blackberry Bold 9700 work in India ?

Thank you for your response..

so is this 'BlackBerry Data Plan' different from normal 'Data Plans' offered by service providers ?

Also, will subscribing to this be sufficient to use AppStore and Apps which need GPS functionality ?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: ry dRe: How to make GPS in Blackberry Bold 9700 work in India ?

BlackBerry data plan is totally different from normal Internet data plan. This is must requirement for configuring emails, browsing internet or using BlackBerry Messenger.

You can browse Blackberry App World with that data plan and install apps. You can do that without having that data plan. In that case you'll have to use the Wi-Fi functionality.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
tcesenthil

Re: ry dRe: How to make GPS in Blackberry Bold 9700 work in India ?

Thanks for the information. I spoke to my service provider and got myself subscribed to an BlackBerry data plan. And now i am able to check emails, use twitter/facebook/Whatsapp apps.

As a follow-up to this , now i am facing this issue  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Question-regarding-tracking-route-in-Endomond...  , could you please help me with this as well.