Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone
My Carrier: Sprint

How to make gmail work on my bold, while the phone is wifi only

Hi all,

I frequently travel and each time, I disable the data while roaming to avoid excessive data charges. However, with this setting, it seems, I also lose the ability to download and send emails even though I am in a Wifi location. Is there any setting that I need to do , or is this a standard way ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Atul

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: How to make gmail work on my bold, while the phone is wifi only

Hi,

Data Services OFF, will stop data services over Wi-Fi as well. For testing purpose, please turn OFF your mobile network and turn data services ON and try to use Gmail over Wi-Fi network.

Share status with us as well.

My Device: BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks for the update, however, it doesn't work.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Good afternoon,

I may not be of much help however, I travel abroad regularly and like yourself I disable the data services whilst overseas however, I can still send and receive e-mails via wifi (Google Mail.) and all other internet services. My carrier automatically disables data when overseas and I have to opt in to use it. I just wondered whether your issue maybe due to your carrier as I can't personally see why your e-mail system doesn't function over wifi. I'm sure others within this forum may have a more positive response, but it may be worthwhile checking with your carrier? (Just a thought.) Good Luck.