Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gelovani
My Device: Bold 9900

How to replace a dead BlackBerry I bought in Dubai?

Hi - I bought a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9900 right before Christmas in Dubai. Brought it home to Georgia (Caucasus) and it died on me one month later. It won't turn on, it won't charge, it won't show any sign of life whatsoever. I did not drop it, immerse it water or put it in a microwave. It just died after the batter went flat and never came back to life ever since. No one can repair it or save it. I guess I need to have it replaced but given that I bought it from a vendor in Dubai rather than home (the prices are considerably cheaper there), I am wondering if RIM has manufacturer's warranty or any other way to have it shipped to factory and receive a new one?

Thanks

Giorgi

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to replace a dead BlackBerry I bought in Dubai?

Hello gelovani and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone. Have you tried to reinstall your device software using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software? 

If not, follow the steps in KB11320 "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows". Try to back up your device data before doing the reload.

If your device doesn't make a connection to the Desktop Software, remove your battery and there should be a box pop up saying the software is having difficulties connecting to the BlackBerry. On the box, select Update. When the list of applications appears for the update, reinsert the battery and complete the load.

If you are unable to do this, you would need to contact the point of sale as all warranty requests are handled by the point of sale. If this is not an option for you, you can try contacting your mobile network provider for assistance.

Hope this helps.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!