11-24-2012 02:40 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for your help, J! I do apologize for all of the questions. Hopefully this will be the last one:
When I click the download link you provided, it takes me to a site to download for ATT customers. I was a T-Mobile customer though I no longer have an account. Is the OS 5 ATT software optimized for ATT-modified hardware? Will it cause a problem if my Blackberry is T-mobile modified?
Also, in my Add/Change programs listing, there is only "Blackberrry DESKTOP Software 6.1" and "Blackberry Device Software Updater." I assume this means I have not installed the device OS on my PC.
11-24-2012 03:46 PM
After considering your advice, and doing a little web research to find out which version of OS 5 I should download (it's 220.127.116.114), and searching Blackberry's site for that, I found some really easy instructions! Here they are - and they work:
1) Get the latest Desktop software (pulldown menu to right of Question Mark help button in upper right of home screen and select Check for Updates)
2) Plug in your device and let it connect
3) Under the Device menu, select Update
4) Select the "Other Versions" button at bottom left
5) Click the box for version 18.104.22.1684 (and unclick all others)
6) Click download and wait for it all to finish.
Thanks again for all of your help, J. You got me pointed in the right direction and kept me focused!
11-25-2012 08:35 AM
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code