Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
janeh52
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to sync my AOL calendar with my Bold 9000

I recently took over my office Bold 9000 for personal use. After some initial hassle, the vodafone shop managed to crack it open (metaphorically) for internet access and my AIM account,  so I now get my emails. But I can't find any way to access my aol calendar. Have downloaded funambol but haven't found a way or running it on my handset , which has no discernible apps function. Advice please. PS: I'm always not aware that I have a pin. Do I need one?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: How to sync my AOL calendar with my Bold 9000

Hello Janeh52,

Welcome to Blackberry support Community

Please press Menu (Blackberry Sign) from Home Screen > Click on maximize panel > You will get all icon > Now click on calendar Icon > In calendar , press menu (Blackberry sign) > Option > There you will see your AL account, click on that > Now there will option of wireless sync > Click on check box > press escape and save, Sync will start from 10 to 15 mins.

Every Blackberry has it unique PIN, you too have a unique one..

You may check your PIN..

Press Menu (Blackberry Sign) from Home Screen > Click on maximize panel > You will get all icon > Now click on

Option Icon > Click on status (here you will find all details of your handheld, like IMEI number PIn number etc.)

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

unleashurself wrote:

Please press Menu (Blackberry Sign) from Home Screen > Click on maximize panel > Y

There is no "maximize panel on the 9000 model device.

Instead, follow the directions to setup your AOL calendar wireless sync from these directions:

Article ID: KB04976 Enable and disable wireless organizer data synchronization

Scroll down to "For BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 5.0:"

Post back here if you need further assistance.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janeh52

Thanks for quick reply. I tried your suggestion but my calendar options seem stuck on "no" to wireless synchronisation  - no alternative or check box offered. On looking further it looks as if the problem may be with "Pre-requisites for synchronisation", which tells me " Your blackberry device must be assoicated with an email account that uses a Blackberry Enterprise Sever that supports this feature. Contact your administrator".

This is despite fact that my default calendar setting is now set to my  aol address, not the old work one. Further problem  - couldn't even connect to the office server if it wanted to since  the organisation has closed and the server and administrator no longer exist!

Any  more thoughts on this one..?

J

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janeh52

.thanks for this - you are right (no maximise panel). Followed the link to article you suggested but have same problem as reported to other person who helped, namely no option of "yes" for wireless synchronisation is offered in calendar options - seems to be on default setting of No.. All other options seem to be working so unique to this key question
Please use plain text.