Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Milind123
My Device: BB 9000

How to use internal memory of 1 gb in my bb9000

Hi,

I am using BB9000 a noncamera Phone. Its good but am not able to use the Device memory (859 mb) at all.

All the apps downloaded goes into or uses the Application Memory which is very low and due to which it hangs my phone very oftenly because of low apps memory.

Please advise how can i use the device memory instead of Apps memory on my BB9000 non camera phone.

Regards,

Milind Naik 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to use internal memory of 1 gb in my bb9000

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You cannot...to function, all apps must be installed into the protected AppMemory space...there is no option. You must choose the best combination of OS options (e.g., languages, etc.) and add-on apps that fit within your available AppMemory (leaving of course room for the data that must also be located there...again, no options).

Some apps have options within them to store there data elsewhere (e.g., to Device or Media Card Memory areas), but the apps themselves have no options and must reside inside of AppMemory.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code