Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

How to view my inaccessible activity images?

Hello! Can anyone help me out? I have taken many important activity images with my Blackberry Bold 9700. But, as I try to view them with my laptop, a message always pops out and asks me to format it at first. Bu, I know that will also erase all these newly taken photos there, right?

So, how can I view these photos without formatting? I really need these images to make a presentation. Do you have any idea?

Thank you in advance!

My Device: BlackBerry Device 9720

Re: How to view my inaccessible activity images?

Firstly, never try to format this blackberry phone before you’ve saved all your photos back. Under this circumstance, the formatting process can make everything worse.

Secondly, never save anything new on this phone in case that your original photos are overwritten and gone forever.

Thirdly, never randomly select a data recovery program to get back your data. There are plenty of data recovery programs available out there. But, not all of them can work as efficiently as you hope, especially some fake ones that even can damage your original photos again. Therefore, you should take care.

But, if you still have no any idea, you may firstly take chances with some data recovery freeware, such as such as Recuva, Power Data Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more.

Fourthly, save and back up restored photos on another drive or memory card.

PS: Never be so careless about your important data and back it up all the time in the future.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Thank you for your detailed descriptions, Moses7849

I really know nothing about data recovery stuff. But, after reading your description, I have learned a lot. By following your steps and using your mentioned data recovery freeware, I finally re-access all my needed data on it, especially the last data recovery freeware that has restored the largest amount of my original data. It is really great!

Thank you very much!!!

My Device: Blackberry Curve

Recently, I have also encountered the similar “not formatted error” problem with my blackberry phone. And this thread has helped me a lot. In fact, just like you, I was also asked to format my phone card after attaching it to my computer and all the stored photos, videos and messages on the inner memory card become inaccessible.

So, in order to rescue them, I nearly read all related threads and articles over the internet and found this thread here.

By following your guys’ suggestions, I just found many data recovery programs over the internet and decided to try three free ones like 4Card Recovery, the mentioned Recuva and TestDisk.

Fortunately, after trying them all one by one, I just finally restored all needed photos back, especially the first free one which had got back the largest part of my original photos.

Thank you for your guys’ answers.