Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gpatel1987
My Device: 9900

I Can't start my New BB 9900

I just bought new BB9900 and in  a one week of time its not starting. 

I remove the battery and put back again, Red light start and some time after off. When I connect with PC it's sound like connect the USB and disconnect USB. Nothing more. I have try everything. I was using BB 9700,9780,9790 before and Now not happy with this at all, Please help me. I am located in east Africa and no service station around.

After some time I see in my screen NO Battery signal, try everything but nothing improve,

please help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I Can't start my New BB 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gpatel1987
My Device: 9900

Dear Admin,

Greetings of the day!!

thank you very much for your kind reply, I have try the same but it's not working,

I can see on my display with NO battry symbol...

Today also I have try to start with another battery but same problem, When I try my battery in another phone it's work well.

Please help me.

Thank you very much in Advance. and Warm Regards,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

"Admin"??? Who is that? Not me, I assure you.

So, if I understand you correctly, your result from the first test was no improvement. And from the second test, your battery worked fine on another BB, and another "known good" battery from a different BB did not improve the situation with your device.

As such, I can only deduce that there is some hardware problem that is preventing power from flowing out of the battery and into your device. As a hardware problem, there is nothing to be done at an internet distance. Rather, if you remain in warranty, seek support under those terms. If you have no warranty, seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician and request a proper in-hand evaluation and estimate -- and then make your decision from that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.