Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Blackberry 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I am a new user for Blackberry 9930 and need help with smartcard reader!

I am a new user and have some questions about linking blackberry 9930 to blackberry smart card reader.

1.  I synched my general blackberry password with the keystore password, this works fine.  When creating a secure conection password for connecting to the smart card reader, I am being told to use the same on I used for the keystore password, which is synched with my general password.  So, the question is will the secure connection password be synched with the keystore password?

2.  I was successful in connecting the blackberry to the smart card reader, it works just fine.  Question, can I also connect to another smartcard reader?  I tried to do that, but I was not able to find the new bluetooth device (another smart card reader) when searching for it on my blackberry.  Do I have to disconnect my connection to the first smart card reader, then search/connect to the second bluetooth smart card reader?