Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: o2

I am really in need of assistance re bb9790, everything is unresponsive with error 507

Hello folks

I am a bb 9790 user, with os v71.0.714

Intially i started out with v70.0528 and decided to upgrade/update{ big mistake}

After update, i lost all bbm contacts{ silly me i did not back up}

So i tried to re install bbm.....u kept on gettin msg saying cannot connect due to insifficient interenet{ i was connected at all tims}

So upon readin thru the site i decided to downgrade to my original os v70.0.528

I used bbask to wipe phone, and now i get an error say reload software 507.

I have tried to re install using bbsak....tho it cant detect any os on my pc{ even tho i have downloaded 2 diff versions}

I cant use app loader as the phone has been wiped clean , so it doesnt pick up any data

I have tried to back up using BDM.....tho that too refuses to update my phone

I just get a msg saying error cant cant perform task

I tried to udate os via bb site...and i get same error

So now i have a blank blank phone stating error

CAN SOMEONE KINDLY HELP A BB NEWBIE

Sincere regards

Esme x

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I am really in need of assistance re bb9790, everything is unresponsive with error 507

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

These articles/KBs hopefully contain the tricks you need:

A 507, under some circumstances, is actually quite normal...for example, during some OS reload processes, the 507 will present...but all you need do is disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and the process continues normally. I don't know if that applies to you or not, but it is sometimes the case.

Further, you should also not depend on the "automatic" features of the Desktop Software nor the Update website. Rather, install to your PC both the Desktop Software as well as the OS package you desire (deleting, if applicable, the VENDOR.XML files) and then attempt the above recovery processes using the AppLoader tool installed on your PC. This often is much better than the Update website as well as better than depending on the automatic features of AppLoader.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: I am really in need of assistance re bb9790, everything is unresponsive with error 507

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply

I have read all 3 links you sent and unfortunately none of them worked

The 1st link on how to reload a nuked app{ well my apploader reconises my pin....so i cant see how that will work}

2nd link and 35d link dont wrrk eitherSmiley Sad

I have tried to connect via bdm...via taking battery out and ff the steps in the 3rd link

i keep getting msg

An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

My screen is black and all i see is the icon of a pc and phone with error 507

I have downloaded the desktop manager and ive downloaded 2 diff operating systems

I am really chessed off{ its my own fault}

Any more suggestions??? Anyone???

Hall of Famer II

Esme1 wrote:

i keep getting msg

An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Ah...this means that you have not successfully overridden the "automatic" attempts by the Desktop Software to do this recovery. If you had successfully defeated the automatic functions, this message would not appear (a different one might, but for sure not this one). So, please check the following very carefully:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any and all BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try again the recovery steps (though substituting directly launching Loader.exe rather than running the Desktop Software, and definitely do not use the Update Website).

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi

I just want to thank all those who took the time to help me in sorting out my issu.

I am glad to say that phone is back and running

i uninstalled everything from my pc, bdm, and all operating systems, i even used cc cleaner..lol

i deleted vendor files by using vendelete{ bloody great}

However now that phone is working again...bbm isnt

I get a msg saying can not set up bbm....A temporary server error has occured!!!!!

What is that all about? and how can i get bbm to work again?

Thanks alot in advance

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

Hello again.

I'm glad you have gotten it this far...well done! Now, with a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Now make 100% certain that ALL other services are working properly -- email, SMS, voice, Internet Browser, etc. If they are, then try BBM once again. If it still fails, try removing and reinstalling it. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates