Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
chris6688
My Device: 9930

I can not register BIS

HI,

I have a Blackberry 9900 which previously normal with blackberry service active. After the blackberry service (BIS) I run out then I bought BlackBarry service (BIS) new sim with the same provider. Problem now active blackberry service (BIS) I have bought but the edge signal / 3 G no blackberry logo (I can not register BIS). The same SIM can sign up using a different BB. what can help me to check the PIN as it certainly is a problem with my blackberry PIN.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I can not register BIS

Hello,

It is likely that the carrier BIS system has not released your BB PIN from the old SIM, and therefore cannot create a proper BIS account for it with the new SIM. The place to work it out is with your carrier...only they have access to their systems to look into what is wrong, and only they can escalate your case up to BlackBerry if such is required.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris6688

I've talked with the provider and they also have to investigate but they did say in their blackberry service no problem, the problem was on my blackberry PIN can not be registered with the blackberry service and they also have to report my problem to the rim just wait for an answer from RIM he says.

who can help me to check my blackberry PIN please.....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

chris6688 wrote:

who can help me to check my blackberry PIN please.....

As I said above, this is a user-to-user community, so no one has any system access to do what you desire. Your carrier and BlackBerry need to work this out. You need to be persistent with them, checking on progress several times a day perhaps.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris6688

[ Edited ]

I mean ask anyone here knows anyone can help me to check the blackberry PIN (just check out this does not solve the problem) is there a problem with my PIN as blocked or blacklisted or the other, because the wait for a response from RIM via the service provider requires long time.

Thank You 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris6688

please is there someone who could check my blackberry PIN ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I didn't answer you Wednesday because the answer hadn't changed...and still hasn't. As I said before, this is a user-to-user community. The volunteers here are just like you -- users, not admins who have access to the systems necessary to do what you want. My prior recommendation stands.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris6688

[ Edited ]

I've contacted the carrier (XL from Indonesia) for help ESCALATE the issue to BlackBerry techincal support, after waiting 3 weeks I was notified by the carrier that RIM only accept PIN block just outside of RIM's problems can not help another problem. The question for me past the level of RIM's big companies only sell BlackBarry and do not want to be responsible for the products they sell (not give good service to the user blackberry) ???

What else should I do now, whether to give up my blackberry just to call it PIN (personal info removed) has no use anymore for me...................

thk.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I cannot tell you what you should decide. It is sad that you cannot obtain the information you need...I know, from other posts in this site, that others have been able to obtain their answer via their formal support and escalation. I cannot know why you have not been similarly successful. I know of no other channels for you to obtain the information you need. Hence, you will have to make your decision based on the information you presently have, but I cannot advise you one way or the other.

It is amazing to me that your carrier does not wish to help you resolve this issue. You have been a paying customer to them in, as far as I can tell, good standing for quite some time. They should be quite interested in retaining you as their paying customer. It is quite sad that they seem so uninterested.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.