Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
a-raoufpey
My Device: Bold 9930

I can't activate my 9930 (sprint) !!!!

i bought a FACTORY UNLOCKED BB Bold 9930 sprint from ebay because i live in iran and we don't have BB services here.

every thing was great until i opened "self service" app , and from then there is an alert at the top of the display which says "activation required" except the name of mobile network! and when i want to activate it with wireless connection it says failure in connecting to server! I don't know what to do? since my sim card is iranian, and is not from sprint i can't make  an acount in sprint too, i don't know how to activate? and why should i activate my BB when it's factory unlocked?!!!!!!

someone says that he can erase all of my BB data, and make it like it just came from factory!!!(named it flashing your device) but since he is not from BB, I don't know that if he really can do it, and if he does I'm not going to have problems such as sticking, and bugs and hangs!???

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: I can't activate my 9930 (sprint) !!!!

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to connect to a cdma network?  sprint devices are cdma only. Have you checked with your carrier?

there is nothing such as career in iran! sprint don't have servisec here. and i don't want them either, becaouse of these i bought an unlocked one :smileysad:

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Sorry, I meant have you checked with the service provider?

not yet! I have to send email to sprint. but my sim card is not from sprint, and i dont have sprint phone number. i am using iranian local sim card in my BB.  but i will send them an email, and i will ask them about it.

i was searching the blog for similar problems and one of the them were answered with activateing BIS (blackberry international services) with my carrier and then registering my phone on network and then resending the service books to my phone.... 

do you think this works for me, in iran (under sanction country) which there is no sprint sevise and BB shop, and with a local sim card (IR-MCI)???!!!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

'i was searching the blog for similar problems and one of the them were answered with activateing BIS (blackberry international services) with my carrier and then registering my phone on network and then resending the service books to my phone.... "

this is correct.  I would have checked with them before buyung an unlocked phone because it may not work.  Please keep us posted though!  If the service provider can't set this up, are you able to get a refund?

since i'm in iran, NOOOO . my cousin bought my BB from LA (where he lives) he is iran for holidays, do you think is it a good idea to give my BB back to him, and ask him to fix it there and send it back to me?!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

I apologize, I understand.  Yes check with him if the service provider cannot look at this for you.

tnx for your advices. i will check these, and tell you the result :smileywink: 

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

ok thanks!! :smileyhappy: