Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
niranaja
My Device: BB9900
Accepted Solution

I can't input Thai language. How can I upgrade and choose OS for my BB9900?

How can I upgrade and choose OS for my BB9900? I need input Thai language but on H3G Italy site Software Download don't have all language versione. I don't know which site to download it.:No:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: I can't input Thai language. How can I upgrade and choose OS for my BB9900?

Hi niranaja

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Do you want to install only Thai Language or update your device OS with Thai Language ? 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
niranaja

both, now i have os 7.0 release 1149 multilanguage no thai language, i see on web now os upgrade to 7.1 with thai language i confuse i don't know what i must to do before :Helpsmilie:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi niranaja

If your device is still running on OS 7.0 then try 7.1 from any other Carrier OS pack which also supports East Asian Languages.But  before that open your Computer and Uninstall any previous OS packs if installed on it .After that try this :

1.Download and Install on your PC an  OS pack having All Language  from here  Carriers

• ( Make sure you are downloading for the same device model )

2.. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path           will  be  C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install) > Click Apply.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

New Contributor
niranaja

thank you for the solution, for installation i can do it no problem but before i will start  i still confuse because i want to know a little bit more, what's the different every carriers?which carriers better or adapt for my BB? i'm not sure if i download the correct os because some carriers have east asian language but don't have ocidental language, i need also italian langues, in the past i tried with some carriers from north america, i had both languge but i had problem when i tried to call,my BB putted +1 automatically every number, i must to put +39 before i call :No:

New Contributor
niranaja

oop i forget, i want to know also, different carrier from country that i live,will i have problem with coverage?i don't want to loss bb service. :Helpsmilie:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi niranaja

I understand your concern ! But no need to worry about that because those OS packs are develepod by RIM itself and not by those Carriers.RIM develop them and then pass on to their Carrier ,those Carrier first test those OS pack then release them to their Customers.If you Install an OS from other carrier it will not effect your device, feel free about that .

Your Coverage with your local network will not effect in fact this new 7.1OS will help in better Coverage.Also this All Language  OS pack will include east asian as well as optional language,

The problem you faced earlier may be because of any other reason or because any setting within your device,no need to worry about that.If you feel any problem after Installation please post back.

Prince

New Contributor
niranaja

Hi Prince,

Thank you so much for solution and information,sorry if i ask to much but I'm really wondering which one is updated and how can i know?

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1646 (All Languages)
Package Version: 7.1.0.1646
Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.523
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.393
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1646_PL5.1.0.393_A7.1.0.523_Indosat.exe
    File size: 284.74MB

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1997 (All Languages)
Package Version: 7.1.0.1997
Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.694
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.507
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.694_AT_T.exe
    File size: 262.58MB

the versione idonesian i can call normally but why at&t versione my BB put +1 automatically?:Shifty:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi niranaja

If you are asking for the Most recent OS then there are even more recent  available like 7.1.0.746 for Bold 9900 then this :  

Applications: 7.1.0.694
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.507
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1997_PL5.1.0.507_A7.1.0.694_AT_T.exe
    File size: 262.58MB

But as you goal is to achieve OS 7.1 with east Asian i;e Thai language Download this : 

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1646 (All Languages) 

Package Version: 7.1.0.1646
Consisting of:

• Applications: 7.1.0.523
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.393
  • File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1646_PL5.1.0.393_A7.1.0.523_Indosat.exe
  • File size: 284.74MB.

And for your previous problem Go to Options > Call Management > Smart Dialing > and set Country code .

So please try it and let us know  if you feel any problem .( Don't forget to delete those Vendor .Xml files from the locations as mentioned )

Prince

New Contributor
niranaja

Hi Prince, I hope I almost finish the question :smileyembarrassed: if you nevermind to tell me, where did you get notizie os update?Did you mean this one?Are there Thai and Italian language in this package o only one of it?

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (All Languages)
Package Version: 7.1.0.2108
Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.746
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.546
    File name: 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.746_AIS_Thailand.exe
    File size: 286.93MB

I found on this site,is it still correct?

Languages found:

Asia
    English
    All Languages
    Multilanguage

PS. usually I'm so lazy to change os because I must to load all app again that why I want to be sure and more update.:Sweatdrop: