Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
expositogago
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar
Accepted Solution

I can`t update bold 9700 to OS6

I try to update my bold 9700 to OS6, but I can`t.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I can`t update bold 9700 to OS6

Welcome to the forums!

Please describe what steps you've taken to update and we'll see if we can't make some suggestions to help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
expositogago
My Carrier: Movistar

I open "Blackberry desktop software", I synchronize my device and then a mensage appears saying that there is an update for my device. I select this option but it does not get update and the device is restarted.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

If you really want to update your device, I'd suggest you do a "fresh" OS install using the following instructions:

1. Use Desktop Manager to back up your device.
  2. Close Desktop Manager and disconnect your device.
  3. Download an app to your PC called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). You will use this to wipe the OS from your device. You can get it here: www.bbsak.org
  4. Download the most current OS for your device, which you can get here. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=9461CCE28EBE3E76FB4B931C35A169B0\
  5. Connect your device to your PC and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password. If you don't have one set for your device, just click OK.
  6. Choose the option to Wipe Device. When completed, you will be left with a white screen and an app error 507, which means the wipe was successful.
  7. Disconnect your device.
  8. On your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the file at the bottom called vendor.xml.
  9. Connect your device.
  10. In that same folder as above, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your OS.

You'll have to reinstall and 3rd party apps you had, keeping in mind that if you're on OS 5 right now, some of your apps might not be compatible with OS 6, in which case you'll need to also update those in addition to reinstalling.

Please post back and let us know how it goes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amnah1981
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: zain

Thank you so much it worked for me finally...I am not sure why I had problems but it worked...

Please use plain text.
delossantos_rommel11
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: telstra

When I run the "Loader" it asks for what application should be installed. After that I don't know what to do anymore. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
yoshekid
My Carrier: 639053377987

I cant find C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
ceejaydeleon
My Carrier: Globe

When I run the "Loader" it asks for what application should be installed. After that I don't know what to do anymore. --- same incident. i dont know what to do next. :smileysad: please help me!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Try this:

After downloading the software:

Please follow the steps on this Article BUT before going to Step 2, please access:

Install or update device software on a BlackBerry smartphone without using BlackBerry Desktop Softwa...

For computers using a 32-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

For computers using a 64-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

and look for Vendor.xml and permanently delete it (shift+del)

Good Luck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnxspider
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: COSMOTE

i need help and fast cause i can't use my phone now, i followed the instructions exactly but when i double click the loader.exe and i press next and next it says add or remove programs it has no programs so i cant continue and i cant start my phone please ah and p.s. i forgot to back up my device.. is that a problem is it why it does not lets me? :/ :smileysad: please help

Please use plain text.