Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Fabio37
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Personal - Argentina

I cannot add new entries to the default (local) calendar

Hello all,

I have a blackberry Bold 9780. I had an issue so I had to wipe the device and restore from an existing backup.

After that when I sync my device with outlook only the Defaul calendar is sync, I cannot sync my google calendar nor my yahoo calendar.

The issue is I cannot add or delete entries from the default calendar, it is read only on the device. If I enter a new meeting in my outlook it appears on this calendar when I sync, but I am not able to add a new entry on the blackberry.

I only need to make this default calendar writable or I need my google calendar sync with Outlook.

I tried to remove my two email accounts and recreate with no luck.

Any help?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: I cannot add new entries to the default (local) calendar

Hello Fabio37 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your BlackBerry Calendar.

What happens when you go to add an appointment in your device? Do you get an error? If so, what's that error? 

In Calendar>Menu>Options do you see your Gmail and Yahoo account listed? If not, resend your Service Books (see KB15402)

Are all your Calendar appointments in your Outlook? Or do you have most of them on your device? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fabio37
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Personal - Argentina

Hello hmthepirate and thanks for your response.

When I add a new appointment to the device it is added to google calendar, I can change the default calendar to yahoo and add appointments there, too.

I can change the default calendar to yahoo or google, but not to the local blackberry calendar, it is not listed.

The problem appears when I go to Destop Manager to sychronize the calendar with Outlook, it only synchronize the default local calendar, so the appointments added on google or yahoo are not sync with outlook.

If I add an appointment on my outlook and sync the device, the appointment appears on the local BB calendar, that´s good for me.

I only need to be able to add new appointments on the blackberry to the local calendar and have this calendar in sync with Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

Fabio

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello Fabio,

Are your emails enabled to sync wirelessly? You should try to delete them and then set them up again and wait for them to sync OTA. Then go to your calendar option and try to delete that default account. Actually you can try delete it now without spending time.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Fabio37 wrote:

Hello hmthepirate and thanks for your response.

When I add a new appointment to the device it is added to google calendar, I can change the default calendar to yahoo and add appointments there, too.

I can change the default calendar to yahoo or google, but not to the local blackberry calendar, it is not listed.

The problem appears when I go to Desktop Manager to synchronize the calendar with Outlook, it only synchronize the default local calendar, so the appointments added on google or yahoo are not sync with outlook.

If I add an appointment on my outlook and sync the device, the appointment appears on the local BB calendar, that´s good for me.

I only need to be able to add new appointments on the blackberry to the local calendar and have this calendar in sync with Outlook.

Thanks for your help.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Since you are using multiple Calendars (as in the Device Default, Gmail and Yahoo) it can lead to this issue with a wired sync.

Check out KB19240 How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone for steps on how to get all your appointments into one single Calendar on the device so you can sync properly with Outlook.

I strongly recommend you backup your Calendar first before using the Move command from the article.

Also, in Calendar>Menu>Options ensure your Gmail and Yahoo are turned off for Wireless sync since you are doing the wired sync to Outlook.

Let me know how it goes.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.