Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
alxndra13
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

I cannot hear on my BB Bold 9900, nor can callers hear me

This first happened about two weeks ago.  I did a hard reset, and that fixed it at that time.  It did it again today, and this time the hard reset did not help.  I updated the OS to the newest service pack, and that didn't help either.  Is there a known fix for this.  Also, practically needless to say, but the mute is not on, and the settings are all as they should be.  It is most annoying.

Please use plain text.
GWBLT
My Device: Bold Touch 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I cannot hear on my BB Bold 9900, nor can callers hear me

I have the same issue with my Bold Touch from Verizon!  The only way I can get my phone to work is to remove the battery and reboot it when this occurs.  This issue seems to happen at entirely random times and is Very frustrating as it also takes a Long Time to reboot a BB!  I've never had this issue with my BB Curve 2.  No issues with the Curve actually!  Just this new Bold Touch, well, and the Storm 2, which is what I had before this Bold Touch!  Good Luck getting a fix!  I want a next generation 4G LTE phone but have to stay with BB's.  And it doesn't look like they will ever make one!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: I cannot hear on my BB Bold 9900, nor can callers hear me

Hi alxndra13,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

When you updated your BlackBerry® Device Software, did you do a clean reinstall without restoring any information from backup? If not, I would recommend backing up and trying this to rule out any possible software issue that may be causing this. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.