Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Bokdej
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telfort

I cannot install email accounts on my BlackBerry

My data plan includes BlackBerry internet from Telfort (Dutch)

I cannot create any email accounts (gmail, hotmail) in my BB. Not through the set up app and not through the mssage box.

I started using my BB again after my Iphone broke down (I activated my BB services again). I think that my BB account or information is still in the  mode of Vodafone, which was my provider earlier on, when I was first using his BB device.

Vodafone (NL) does not allow you to add email accounts on your BB, but uses the that special website: https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk. Telfort does allow to do this on your device and does not use these instant.email websites. But now I cannot use any of the methods. 

How can I reset this?

Thank you in advance.

Jurre

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I cannot install email accounts on my BlackBerry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There could be many different issues, and we have no way to research, so here are my guesses...you will need to work with one or both of your carriers to resolve it.

One BB PIN can exist in only one carrier BIS system at a time. If Vodafone NL holds your BB PIN in their system, then Telfort can't create a BIS account for you.

If Vodafone is providing you still with BIS services, then it's possible that you can't access them from the Telfort network. Some carriers allow you to cross over, others do not.

Is Telfort even a BB-supporting carrier? If not, then they can't provide you BIS services, and their network likely won't allow you to cross over and use BIS from another carrier.

One or more of those could be causal, but only they (the carriers) can look into it. So you'll need to work with them to resolve.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.