Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tesco

I cant use my earphones/headset option!!!

For the past few days, i have tried to listen to my music through my ear phones but whenever i select 'activate headset' option from the menu, my phone starts rapidly switching from headset to speakerphone. It changes so fast to the extent that i cant actually listen to the song.

Then only today, i clicked 'activate headset' and it changed from headset to speakerphone then the song automatically paused. This happened constantly.

The speakerphone and handset works properly. Its just the headset option which i have problems with.

I have tried un-pluging and plugging in my earphones at different speeds. Nothing has worked. Please help me!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: I cant use my earphones/headset option!!!

Hi Triny2001, 

You Blackberry should be able to detect the headset as soon as its plugged in.  When you plug in your headset you should see a small window pop up with a pic of a headset and volume bar.  Check the headset jack to make sure there is nothing stuck inside, maybe it isnt allowing the headset to be detecting correctly. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: I cant use my earphones/headset option!!!

That's not coming up either. nothing is stuck inside either.