Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
elleJR
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Celcom

I forgot my Blackberry ID password & also the answer to my secret question.

how can i get my password back?

please help me.

I need it ASAP because my phone aske me to verify my Blackberry ID

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: I forgot my Blackberry ID password & also the answer to my secret question.

Hello elleJR

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forum

If you forgot both BlackBerry ID password and also the security question answer then I'm sorry you're struck ! All you can try is , call your Carrier or Network Service Provider and let them know about this issue , your carrier can help in reseting your BlackBerry ID password . 

Or the only option left for you is , to Start all over again using a new BlackBerry ID .

First call your Carrier to know if they can help.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elleJR

Thank You prince.

I will call my network service ASAP.

tq :smileyhappy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello elleJR

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forum

If you forgot both BlackBerry ID password and also the security question answer then I'm sorry you're struck ! All you can try is , call your Carrier or Network Service Provider and let them know about this issue , your carrier can help in reseting your BlackBerry ID password . 

Or the only option left for you is , to Start all over again using a new BlackBerry ID .

First call your Carrier to know if they can help.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elleJR

Already called my network service which is Celcom, Malaysia.

They said that i have to back up my data 1st then i have to wipe my phone.

that's all they can help. :smileysad:

I wonder, it will be wipe automatically or they can wait for me to back up my data? because my computer (that i used to back up my Blackberry & the only 1 computer that  i've downloaded the blackberry user) is now having problem & i cant open it. i have to send it for repair 1st.

:smileysad:

so many things i should back up.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey elleJR

So your Carrier wash away their hand by giving that piece of advice ! But you should insist on the problem you're having . 

elleJR wrote:

I wonder, it will be wipe automatically or they can wait for me to back up my data?

No .. It will never wipe your deviice itself and it is not controlled by your Carrier , It all depends on you . If you're having a problem with your PC then wait for a few days to get it fixed or if you can arrange a PC then first do a backup of your device then perform a wipe and start all over again.

Or from a PC login to the email acount that you used for your BlackBerry ID , search your inbox for the initial email that was sent to confirm your BlackBerry ID username , you can delete your current BBID from there which will allow you to use the same BBID as before , otherwise have to use a different BlackBerry ID.

let us know if you have any questions.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elleJR

tq prince. 

thanks for the answer. so fast! :smileyhappy:

yes, will let you know later. thank you. thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ojokube
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Artel Nigeria

All effort to remember my BlackBerry z10 ID Password and secret question answer has proved abortive. I used a suggested solution found in the Forum to delete the ID through the former email sent to my email address box confirming creation of the ID. I proceeded to create a new ID. Unfortunately, the new ID was not accepted by my device as it is still requesting me to reset my ID password with the secret question answer, which is the original problem that I have and to which I am soliciting for help. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Ojokube wrote:
All effort to remember my BlackBerry z10 ID Password and secret question answer has proved abortive. I used a suggested solution found in the Forum to delete the ID through the former email sent to my email address box confirming creation of the ID. I proceeded to create a new ID. Unfortunately, the new ID was not accepted by my device as it is still requesting me to reset my ID password with the secret question answer, which is the original problem that I have and to which I am soliciting for help. Please help.

Hi Ojokube

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

You have to remember either your BBID password or the security question , otherwise you are struck !

If all above fails then as last option you have to Create a new BlackBerry ID ( Which you alreday created ) , for help refer to this Knowledge Base Article :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

So first do a backup of your device then perform a security wipe , after a device wipe you'll be allowed to use your new BlackBerry ID on your BlackBerry .

However .. while doing so ( Using a new BlackBerry ID )  you will loose access to any of your paid apps that you purchased from BlackBerry World .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gerhard1
My Device: Dont know
My Carrier: 27824476283

Your Blackberry uses you're email password.

Looked on the internet and all got was negative feedback, even Blackberry said I have reset my device but all data will be lost!

My son, `n real genius where it comes to it couldn't help, then my daughter in law explained how it works.

Just shows you NEVER underestimate  any ones intellectual.

Im sure this wil be a big help for Blackberry seems thy dont know theire own procuct.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gerhard1
My Device: Dont know
My Carrier: 27824476283

Your Blackberry uses you're email password.

Looked on the internet and all got was negative feedback, even Blackberry said I have reset my device but all data will be lost!

My son, `n real genius where it comes to it couldn't help, then my daughter in law explained how it works.

Just shows you NEVER underestimate any ones intellectual.

Im sure this wil be a big help for Blackberry seems thy dont know theire own procuct.
Please use plain text.