Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: KPN

I have to insert 'new pincode' after entering the PUK-code.

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780, wich I put in my pocket without blocking the keyboard properly. The result was that I entered a wrong password several times. The phone asked me to enter the puk-code. I did, but after entering this code, the phone askes me to enter 'the new pincode'. I've tried al sorts of codes, a new one, the default one and the one that I used until this unlucky incident. But whatever number I enter and confirm, I always get the message that the pincode is blocked and can't be changed. After this message I'm back at the screen where the phone askes me to enter the puk-code, however with 1 less try. I now only have 2 tries left...

What number I should use as 'new pincode'???

My Device: z10
My Carrier: indosat

Re: I have to insert 'new pincode' after entering the PUK-code.

hi.. i thnk you should ask your provider for the puk-code.. usually they have 12 digit numbers.. after that you can put in ur new pin code.. usually they are 4 digit numbers.. hope that could help you to solve the problem..

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: KPN

Re: I have to insert 'new pincode' after entering the PUK-code.

I have the puk-code. It's a code that I have to enter after I entered the puk-code witch is the problem.

Thanks for your reply anyway