Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
AussieRob
My Device: Bold 9000 Smartphone
My Carrier: Telstra

I need help on synchronization of Blackberry Bold 9000 & Microsoft Outlook on PC

Hi,

I have been using a Bold 9000 since March 2009. It has been linked to a PC based company server so all synchronization has been automatick. I have just retired from the company but they let me keep the Blackberry and I would greatly appreciatte being told how to Synchronize the conatc list on the Bold 9000 to my Lap Top PC Microsoft Outlook contacts. Basically I have most of my contacts on the Blackberry and want to add them to my PC.

Cheers AussieRob

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrisransom
My Device: BlavkBerry 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I need help on synchronization of Blackberry Bold 9000 & Microsoft Outlook on PC

I believe you may have to hard sync now.  Acquire the desktop download from blackberry.  When I switched from my Treo to my Blackberry, that one feature (wireless sync) was lost and I really miss it.  I now have to connect to my desktop and sync via the desktop software.  good luck

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AussieRob
My Device: Bold 9000 Smartphone
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Reply to answer on synchronization of Blackberry Bold 9000 & Microsoft Outlook on PC

Thanks Harrisransom, but I can connect okay and do have wireless, I am just such a lay person at these things, I just do not know how to do a synchronization, or even and export import of data. I have only used the Blackberry for Emails and Phone calls.

Cheers, Aussierob

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reply to answer on synchronization of Blackberry Bold 9000 & Microsoft Outlook on PC

Hi there!

Several issues....

Since your BB was previously associated with what sounds like your former firms BES, the IT Policy is likely still present on the BB. If those IT folks did not clean it off for you (they should have...), then it needs to be done. Everything I'm going to recommend here will be 100% destructive to all of the data on your BB...please ensure that if any data on the BB needs to be retained that you have backed it up appropriately.

If you still have contact with your former firms IT folks, ask them if they indeed removed the IT Policy. If not, then ask them if they will do that for you so as to return your BB to a factory fresh state (e.g., no IT Policy from them). If they will not do so, then here is a procedure you can use to do so:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) If such exists, remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) If such exists, cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your chosen desktop PIM (so that you can synchornize via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Follow this procedure to wipe out the IT Policy

8) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

9) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

10) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

12) If needed, restore your data from the backup

• KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to a BlackBerry smartphone

11) Start the organizer configuration:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.