Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dimitrous
My Device: Bold 9900

I want to lock my screen but keep watching video!

Hi,

I recently started doing P90X (exercise program with videos to be followed). 

Pressing the lock button when watching the videos at the gym stops the video playback altogether. 

Not pressing the lock button but putting the phone in my pocket (I have blu tooth headphones) during the 30 second weight set causes the video to rewind forward or backward. This in turn causes me to keep having to search for the correct part of the video I was watching just a few seconds ago. 

Is there no way to lock the buttons/touch screen but to keep the video playing so that I can follow along without having to rewind all the time?

Is there a different player I can download, at least? 

Thanks,

PS - Blackberry Bold 9900 with the latest software, using the standard BB media package. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: I want to lock my screen but keep watching video!

I don't believe it's possible to do what you're asking. Have you looked through Appworld for other video players? There is a Mobiola xPlayer Lite app that is free. You might try downloading that and see if it has a button lock feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.