Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

Hi. So, after I fixed my BB Appworld, I started to update all my applications (it's all out of date). Then I upgraded my BBM 6.2.0.44 to version 7. It tried to connect to my BB ID. It took me overnight to do so. Then it asked for the certificate thing. Then I pressed the continue button. It even asked for a key store password. Anyone had the same scenario?

Now, it said that I'm not connected to the internet (when I really am). I was annoyed with it already and even considered a security wipe.

For those who have encountered this problem. The solution is to downgrade it again to your old version. My version is 6.2.0.44. BBM 7 has voice call but it requires wifi connection so it's pointless, well for me it is. :smileyhappy:

So if anyone wants to bring back the old version here's the link

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6

this is the version 6.2.0.44

Hope it helps. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

I will also go back, but if its going to wipe my bbm contacts ? When I did the updrade it didn't hav the country link for south africa and now I can't make any calls it dails on a other international calls !!

Please help someone
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300/6.0.0.570
My Carrier: Emma Gent

Re: IF YOUR BBM VERSION 7 WON'T WORK

*take out the battery
*leave it for a few seconds
*put it back in
*MADE MY BBM 7 VOICE WORK PERFECTLY