Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

cg
New Contributor
cg
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Icon on home screen, what is it?

Have been using my Bold for 4 days now, after getting the App Error reset problem and the Bold magically fixing itself 3 hours later I now have this icon to the left of the time indicator on the home screen. The icon is two small circles attached with a short line, kinda looks like this O_O. It appeared and is not in the Blackbeery manual, does anyone know what this is or means. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
torontobb

Re: Icon on home screen, what is it?

I had a few reset error messages on my screen.  The "white screen of death" I call it.   Only thing is I never had anything funky on the home screen after it reset itself.   What was the error message anyway?  Did it say 204 App Error or something to that affect?

I'm also finding that my new messages are showing as opened before I even open them.  Anybody else see this on their Bold?

Please use plain text.
cg
New Contributor
cg

I thnk it as the 205 error, just not sure what this mysterious icon is indicating. I think the error relates to the messaging/email program of the bold.

In the case of your emails showing up opened, I'm not sure have you checked your email settings in the setup or have you tried to reset your device.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kerseyr
My Device: 8900

Does it mean you have an answer phone message?

Old nokia phones used to display something similar when you had a voice mail mesage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jma78b
My Device: Blackberry 9000 Bold

That is definitely a voice mail message :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.