Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JL6228
My Device: Bold 9780

Incompatiability with Server

Our company has recently upgraded our server to Windows Server 2012 which run the Exchange Server 2013 to handle our email.  This now changes our Outlook web access to Online Web App (OWA) instead of  exchange access. 

To send and receive emails from out blackberry we used our Outlook Web Access (exchange) however now that we've upgraded our server we can no longer send and receive emails without setting up a forwarding function. That is not a very good system as it won't sync emails properly.

When our IT support company phoned RIM they were not provided with any information on how to resolve this problem and/or when RIM will release an software update for the blackberry so that they are compitable with the new server. 

If we don't receive a workable solution or answer soon we will be forced to switch over all our blackberry devices in the office to an Android device. 

If anyone has any information or insite on this please let me know ASAP!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Incompatiability with Server

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Just to set your expectation...this is a user-to-user community, so no one here can answer your question with any level of true authority whatsoever. Your IT folks actually have better "insider" channels into RIM, but I've always found that RIM will never release any forward looking information (e.g., to answer your "when" question) through any channels...just too much chance for issues to arise when they fail to deliver what they released early.

I've not noticed any posts with your specific situation...so it must be relatively new. It is a shame that this information was not discovered before the changeover happened...but there's really nothing to be done about it now (falling back would be equally painful).

Can they set up a POP or IMAP server as a temporary interface for you? That should work fine. Or, if you really want enhanced features on your BBs, you can investigate BES -- and BES-X (BES Express) is actually free!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Incompatiability with Server

JL6228 wrote:

If we don't receive a workable solution or answer soon we will be forced to switch over all our blackberry devices in the office to an Android device. 

Hello,

I don't see how using an Android device will make it easier for your users to receive emails... unless you activate IMAP4 or POP3. And in this case, you can use your current BlackBerry fleet.

That being said, please read this past conversation, on the BES board.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Exchange-2013-support-for-BES-an...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: