Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Initialization Failed!

I'm unable to receive or make calls.  It says "Initialization Failed" and I have no coverage (SOS).  I removed the battery to reset it but it's still not working.  What should I do?

Thanks! 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Initialization Failed!

Your sim card has failed.  Go get a new sim card and have your carrier activate it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you so much!  I replaced the SIM card and it's now working just fine.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

i have the exact same problem and tried taking out the sim and battery, rebooting, updating the software and nothing has worked!! i think the new facebook version i was trying to update did something to my sim
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: kiely

Hi! This happened to my phone and I took it to the shop. Basicly, if you
-Go to menu
-Settings
-Network & Conections
-Mobile Network
-Network Mode
-Ánd select 2G + 3G then pull out and replace battery this should work!
Thanks+pm me for any extra info
My Device: 9790 rec71uw
My Carrier: 02

PLEASEE!! My phone is say initialization failed.. I have took out my battery took out my sim card.. put a knew sim card in.. and there it is againn my phone is about to get launched!!! does anyone no how to solve this annoying problem : @ x

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: MTN

My curve 9380 still writes "Initialization Failed" even after re-loading the software via app loader as instructed here. I put my sim card in a 8520 which I'm currently using and the sim has no problem. Help! I can't stand using a 8520 anymore.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Prezeedent wrote:
My curve 9380 still writes "Initialization Failed" even after re-loading the software via app loader as instructed here. I put my sim card in a 8520 which I'm currently using and the sim has no problem. Help! I can't stand using a 8520 anymore.

Hello,

There are more things instructed in this thread than merely reloading your OS. Indeed, nowhere in this thread is an OS reload recommended, so I'm at a complete loss as to why you said what you said there. In any event, please scroll up and read/try what is already listed in this thread. Do also note that just because a SIM works in one device does not necessarily mean it'll work fine in another...a new device may require a newer SIM, and an older SIM may work in an older device but not in a newer one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code