10-05-2013 04:01 AM
You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:
You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.
This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.
1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide
2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.
3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.
Official BB OS download portal:
Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.
4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Credits and Guide: sdgardne
10-05-2013 11:24 AM
The Bold 9900 comes preloaded with OS 7. Did you mean to say OS 7.1?