Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
pleandro
My Device: 2011- pearl 9105, playbook 16g wifi, 2013 - Z 10
My Carrier: any

Installing languages ​​on bold 9900

Hello, I have a Bold 9900 with OS 7.1, the desktop manager does not seem an option to install new languages​​, how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Installing languages ​​on bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please start here:

• KB13067 How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphones

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

It has to do with what particular version of the OS you download.  Some OS installs are multi-language, while others are not.  It's generally indicated in the file name.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pleandro

Thanks, but how and what i have to instal. I 've try to instal whit a aplication in the desktop manager and couln't,  give. me a error i thinking trying to instal direct in BB 9900 ????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please read the KB linked above, and follow the instructions. Please report back the exact point at which something does not work as expected. For instance, you said "give. me a error" (sic)...well, what exactly was the error? And what exactly were you doing when it gave you the error? Please remember...we cannot see what you see, we need you to be our eyes and ears, clearly and completely reporting back here what is happening so that we can narrow down the amount of guesswork we must do.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

In the desktop manager you can install and uninstall programs and apps. When you do this, there is a list to tick what you want and untick what you don't. On that list, its a pretty big list, there is language sets. You should see them pretty much near the top of the list, if my memory is not wrong.
Cheers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pleandro

thanks. but in desktop don´t appear the language options. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What does appear? What is the first line of the AppLoader screen within the Desktop Software? What was that error message you saw earlier?

Please do not be economical with your words...we cannot tell what is going on if you do not tell us.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pleandro

I appreciate the help, but it was through another forum I could solve this.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9900-series-discussion-bold-touch/258210-latest-os-9900-7-1-...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, given that you stopped participating here, I suppose it's predictable that you'd find answers elsewhere. But, no matter...the main intent is that you indeed did find the answer that worked for you.

Enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.