Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9700

Internal screen broke! Can I access my data?

So my blackberry internal screen broke 3 unfortunate days ago because I sat on it when it was in my back pocket. Now it's almost exam time and I have lots of notes on it in The memos. Is it possible to get these memos?

I connected it to my computer to move The data from my phone to my laptop, but it had a password and as people with passwords know, you need to enter it twice to connect.  I just remembered that I used to backup my data with blackberry protect so there's still hope for me yet!

The thing is; it requires me to buy a new blackberry or repair my existing one so I can get my info, and I kindof want to try something new. . Isn't there any other possible way to get it?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780

Re: Internal screen broke! Can I access my data?

Hi,

Download & install  Rove Mobile Viewer on your pc, connect handheld with the pc using USB cable.

Now you would be able to see your handheld screen on pc & can move keys by watching screen on ROve window.

Have to use keys of device but can view screen in PC.

Thanks...

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve

Re: Internal screen broke! Can I access my data?

Do you recall making a local backup at some point before this happened? By local backup I mean backup created on your computer using Blackberry Desktop Manager. You can actually use a backup extractor app that can extract the contents of the backup onto the computer. This way you can view and access the memos even without a Blackberry.